Asmara-online Objective and Policies
- Asmara-online will serve as a conduit for citizens to express their opinion freely, to access reliable information and to play its part in the process of participatory nation building through research and development, and soliciting for alternative models and paths of development for Eritrea.
- We, the founders of Asmara-online.com, are not only fully concur with Article 19 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights that “everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers” but will aim to use it as the guiding light of our website.
- The website is named Asmara-online, a name behind the beautiful capital city of Eritrea, Asmara.
- Owned by the Asmara-online founders, a non-for-profit professional website.
- English and all Eritrean languages are our working language.
Code of Operation
- All postings are authorized by the Editor-In-Chief;
- Asmara-online strictly abides by all intellectual property rights;
- Asmara-online is a professional interactive website and all postings are guided by ethical and professional values and principles.
- An in-depth analysis backed by well researched/well documented materials (on governance, economics, government, politics, society, environment and news analysis);
- Papers and articles presented should adhere to the highest possible standards of quality and professionalism;
- Main areas covered but not limited to are governance, economics, government, politics, society, and environment;
- Analysis on vital news topics of the day or week based on objectivity and balanced view;
- The website intends to make every effort to give equal opportunities to all the diverse views and opinions relevant to Eritrea and provided they are evidence based, objective, and well balanced;
Forum comments on topics posted
- Comments on postings are encouraged;
- Comments and views to specific topics are strictly guided by strict civil, constructive, objective and humane discourse.
- Asmara-online takes immediate action to correct errors and a formal apology, verbal or written will be issued to the aggrieved party (individual, group or government).
- If there is no aggrieved party, the apology will be issued to Asmara-online followers.